Tuesday 28 August 2012

Yes to Carrots and Yes to Tomatoes = My New Love

I heard about this company before, but never had a chance to try it's products. Honestly I never even paid too much attention on this brand - not sure why. Until my recent decision to start using more organic products. Now the Yes To... line is not 100% organic, but it is nearly there. Most of the products are 99.4% - 99.8%. I guess it is due to the Parfum, which is the only chemical ingredient which I know and which is in the ingredient list. I tried few products from this line and instantly fell in love, so in the future I am going to try more. Here is the overview of products I have so far:

Yes To Carrots Nourishing Body Lotion


This is amazing product. Absolutely gorgeous! It is thick lotion, which is very easy to blend and it disappears into your skin instantly so no need to rub it in for ages. It is not greasy, so the bonus point is that you can get dressed straight away and it has very gentle smell of..... carrots :)
In the beginning I wasn't sure about it as it sunk in into my skin and it felt dry - I don't mean dry as a skin concern, but dry like if you would wiped yourself with a towel - no residue at all. Usually all lotions, no matter how light they are, leave at least some residue, which makes you feel like you just applied a lotion. This product doesn't have it. However, the moisturizing properties of this lotion are amazing!!! I usually use this lotion after the shower in the evening and my skin still feels moisturized in the following morning and sometimes even in the afternoon.
It is a truly great product - makes my dry skin soft, supple and velvety-like.

Yes To Tomatoes Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner


This was my first attempt at trying natural shampoo, which has no parabens and SLS. I searched all over the Internet for brands and reviews on them and so far non of them convinced me to try them. Another point is the high price - for some reason all natural shampoos are very expensive. 

Yes To Tomatoes come in huge 500ml bottles, however it didn't surprise me. People say that it is SLS that makes all shampoos lather so good and as natural shampoos has no SLS they don't lather that good so yuo need more of the product.
I have long hair so on my first use I used more than I should. This picture was taken after my first use of both products and you can see how much is gone - too much.
Firstly, this shampoo lathers brilliantly! So you really need a small amount and the bottle will last for a very long time. Second, the product smells amazingly tasty. It has very delicate scent which does stay, but it is very gentle, fresh and not overpowering at all.
Both products are amazing! Shampoo cleanses the hair brilliantly - they really feel squeaky clean and conditioner makes them very soft, manageable and shiny. I did notice improvement in the volume of my hair as well - only after one use! Something I was never able to achieve even with expensive brands. At the same time hair were feeling very lightweight and it was very easy to comb them.
My only disappointment is the packaging for the conditioner. The product is extremely thick, so it is very difficult to squeeze it out through the tiny whole in the cap, so I have to unscrew it to get the product out.

Yes To Tomatoes Skin Clearing Facial Mask


Another beautiful product! It comes i a 50ml jar - which is the only downside. Having long nails doesn't make the application of this product a pleasant procedure. The mask smells amazing! Not like a typical clay mask - it has some sweet and delicious smell - good enough to eat! :)

The product does everything it says on the box - clears the skin, tightens the pores, makes skin very smooth and it doesn't leave you with tight and dry feeling on your face.
All these products are wonderful and I regret that I never tried them earlier. I recently purchased Yes To Carrots shower gel and am planning on trying Yes To Tomatoes Moisturizer. Another great point is that all products are very affordable and currently on sale on beauty bay and feelunique.com.
Let me know your thoughts on natural products - which brands have you tried? Did they work for you?


Love

Lace Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment