Monday 10 September 2012

Acne Scars - How To Make Them Dissapear?

Yes, it is the most asked question, especially for those who had acne and cured it. Acne by itself is a huge problem - it ruins your looks and knocks down your confidence. Curing it is very long and difficult battle. We all think that when it is cured all problems will be over, but no. One problem is gone, another appears. Acne scars. Uneven skin texture. Huge pores. Dark or red spots/scars left by those horrible blemishes.
I tried many products, which claim that they help eliminate acne scars, but most of them don't work. At least for me. here is my story:

Bio Oil

For some people it works, for me it did nothing... I really wanted to like this, but.... nothing happened. I went through 3 (!) bottles of it - and not the small ones, but the 200ml ones - the biggest size available. I was applying it only to areas with scars and marks and as you can imagine three huge bottles lasted me a very very long time, but unfortunately - no results. Not a single one! Very upsetting and disappointing.

Verdict: 2/5


Trilogy Rosehip Oil

I wanted to like this one as well as it promises to minimize the appearance of scars and improve the condition of skin. I went through two big bottles of this oil and saw little improvement. And for some reason it made my skin very dry... Why? Have no idea..

Verdict: 3/5


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Scar Serum

Absolutely horrible!!!! Sticky, greasy and smells like fish. Does nothing for your skin apart from making all the dust and your own clothes to stick to it... I barely made myself finish the bottle. That is all I have to say about it...

Verdict: 1/5


Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector

Beautiful! Really works! I only used up one bottle of this, as back then it was too expensive for me, so I wasn't able to buy another one. The only problem I have is the packaging - the bottle is white and even when empty it still feels heavy so I had no idea at some point how much of the product I used up and how close to the end I am. But overall this product is great - silky, lightweight, doesn't cause breakouts and I did see improvement in my scars. I used the moisturizer with the similar name from this line, but it wasn't as effective as this serum

Verdict: 4/5


Alpha H Liquid Gold

I already told about this one, so you know that it works as well. The problem with this is it might not be the best solution to use in winter as it dries out the skin. In terms of acne scars it really helps to lighten them. Of course you will not see the results straight away, like with all these products, but they will be visible. Just be patient.

Verdict: 4/5


Avene D-Pigment Light Dark Spot Lightener




This is the latest product that I have tried. It says in the instructions that you need at least 30 days to see the improvements. This is exactly what I did. And I must say, there are some improvements and the best thing is that I haven't used up even half of the tube (30ml).
D-Pigment Light Dark Spot Lightener combines 3 active ingredients: Melanyde to slow down the production of melanin (pigment), Retinaldehyde to help eliminate excess melanin in the skin and Pre-tocopheryl, a vitamin E precursor (powerful antioxidant) to protect the skin cells from free radicals. This product must be used only at night, and applied only to areas that need to be treated. The cream is yellow cream with no smell. I have the Light version, for dry skin Rich version is available. I must say I did notice few breakouts in the areas where I was applying this cream, but I am not sure if it is because of the product or something else.
My main area of concern were my upper arms. I even took photos so I could see the change.
This is my upper arm on the first day of treatment.
And this is 30 days after. I am not sure if only the cream worked as once a week in addition to everything I am using my Microderm tool, which helps as well. But here it is - not too big, but some improvements. I will update what happens when I'll finish the whole tube, but so far I am happy.

Update: I stopped using it on my face as I noticed a significant increase in breakouts exactly in those areas where I am applying this product. Once I stopped my skin cleared in 2 days. So it does cause breakouts. I am still using it on my upper arms, as on my body I have dry skin so it is not affected that mush by heavy creams.

Verdict: 3/5 only because it is breaking me out

Another point is that there are other natural remedies available, like using lemon or raw potatoes or making masks with honey, lemon and apple vinegar - I tried some of them and can't really say that they helped. Maybe I'm just impatient, who knows. In the skin clinic I was told that the only thing that will help me to get rid off acne scars is the chemical peel, but it is painful, extremely expensive and very unpleasant for at least a week. So for now I'll stick to these remedies.
What about you? Do you know any tricks? What helped you? Let me know.

Love

Lace



1 comment:

  1. Appreciate your sharing, great article post. Really looking forward to reading more from this blog. Thanks for sharing about this information...

    Best Dermatologist in Madurai

    ReplyDelete