Friday 21 September 2012

Product Review: Origins GinZing Brightening Mascara

This is my first ever purchase of natural eye makeup. This mascara appeared recently in UK and I decided to give it a go as at that moment I needed a new one. My lashes are quite long, but they lack in color, so what I look for in mascara is good pigment, volume and curl. Origins new mascara claims to be lengthening, brightening and lifting.
I prefer dry formulas as they are the ones which give me a proper curl and hold it during the day. Unfortunately, I was unable to find mascara with dry formula. Usual mascaras are too wet for me - they weight down my eyelashes and they look awful. That is why I get the desired effect only after multiple uses, when product starts drying out.
The reason why I decided to try out natural mascara is partly because of my new lifestyle, but also because my usual mascara started to irritate my eyes. I had a horrible feeling that I have sand in my eyes and they were constantly itching. So here it is - Origins GinZing...




It is available only in black color, which is fine for me as I don't use any other colors anyway. The brush is enormous! It is twice bigger than my whole eye. The formula is quite wet, so I thought again I will  have to wait for few weeks, before I can decide whether I like it or not. I was very wrong... When I first applied it, I thought "Wow!". It was amazing! Very rich color, no clumping, no flaking and most importantly it did everything that was listed on the packaging! It made my lashes longer, gave a bit more volume and curled them nicely! The curl stayed on all day long and my lashes looked beautiful! I never had this effect from the first use of mascara... Never! Amazing!
I also like the packaging, which is not the usual black tube. It is very nice, a bit heavy and fashionably looking. Seriously, I can't find any faults. Totally recommend!


Here are my eyelashes before applying the mascara



Here they are after applying one coat of Origins GinZing




Very nice! One coat is completely enough for me, but you can apply as much as you need for a more dramatic look, as it is possible to build up the volume.
Have you tried GinZing? Let me know if you know any good natural mascaras, I would love to hear from you.

Love

Lace


No comments:

Post a Comment