Thursday 20 September 2012

Product Review: Dr.Jart+ Regenerating BB Beauty Balm SPF30

I apologize for the poor quality of the picture - it was very hard to get decent photo of this product as the packaging was mirror-like...
During the summer I thought that idea of wearing moisturizer and foundation was not the best one. I needed something lighter, like BB cream or tinted moisturizer. The only issues I have with those products are:
  1. They have very light or no coverage and
  2. They have little or no SPF
Then I found the range of Dr.Jart BB creams in my local Boots. I think there are total of four different creams aimed at different skin concerns:
  1. Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF40 - Provides high SPF40 protection with anti-oxidants. A slightly glossy, low coverage cream which helps fight aging. Particularly suitable for those over 30
  2. Dr Jart+ Platinum Beauty Balm SPF30 - Provides high coverage in a light application. The moisturizing lotion is particularly suitable for those in their 30s
  3. Dr Jart+ Regenerating Beauty Balm SPF30 - Provides strong coverage for redness and spots which won't rub off as easily as traditional cosmetics. Skin will look brighter, whilst still suitable for problem and sensitive skin. Particularly suitable for those between 20 and 35
  4. Dr Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF25 - ideal for those aged 20-35s with a soft application which gives natural, fresh looking skin and controls sebum production
All options are really great as they have quite high SPF and target various skin issues. My main issue is acne scars, so I need the best coverage possible and sun protection as I am using products with glycolic acid. So I chose No.3. I did try to take a picture so you could see the ingredients, so let's hope they will be visible.
On the box it says that it is alcohol free, promotes cell regeneration, helps eliminate blemishes and it contains sunscreen, macadamia ternifolia seed oil (lubricates the surface of the skin), jojoba seed oil ( calming and smoothing out the skin) and the most horrible ingredient - snail secretion filtrate (hydrating and moisturizing)!!! Oh God...When I realized that I will be wearng sail secretion on my face I nearly died... But I was willing to try.
The cream is very thick. It is not greasy at all. The coverage is great - I barely need any concealer - only on my very deep and dark scars. It is not matte, but it is not shimmery as well, however, I do have a soft glow on my skin which I like a lot. The staying power is really impressive - no need for powder at all, as this cream stayed put for at least five hours. It is very pigmented so you need a very little amount to cover your face and the tube will last forever.
Also it doesn't give you a heavy feeling of foundation. In terms of regeneration - I did notice a little improvement in my skin, but it is hard to tell as I don't wear makeup every day. And another bonus - it is very moisturizing! I tend to have dry patches on my skin - with this cream they are not visible at all.

There is only one problem with all creams in the range - there are no color selections. They all have only one color and it is very light. I usually use light/medium colors, but this one is  a bit too light for me. If you have olive skin tone - it will not suit you, so it is best suitable for very pale girls.
Overall I really like this cream and enjoy using it - it has good coverage and sun protection - everything I really need in a product.
Have you tried any of those creams? What do you think? Let me know what are your favorite BB creams.

Love

Lace



No comments:

Post a Comment