Tuesday 10 July 2012

Product Review: Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm

As I have quite big and full lips I do not like lip glosses as they make my lips extra huge. I prefer lipsticks or lip balms, but as long as they are not glittery, shimmery or metallic. I like satin finish and I still have divided opinion about matte lipsticks. Anyway Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm is a lip balm with color. I have only one color - 04 Crystal Red as I am trying to introduce red color into my make up, but I want to start with something sheer and not too strong. Clarins is perfect. It has color core surrounded by rich balm, which looks like a gel.
The packaging is very nice and expensive looking, which I like a lot.


I apologize for the poor picture quality, but it is the best I could do.


As you can see the center of the balm is very pigmented, but still it is very nice red, which is not too strong. Possibly the balm surrounding it makes the color more sheer, which I like. It is very nice color for everyday wear and is very suitable for summer.
The balm feels very smooth and rich, it doesn't dry out my lips, like some similar products and color stays on for hours after application. Very often I noticed that the feeling of the balm is gone, but the color is still there. The only thing to remember is that because the color is in the middle, you really have to blend it well by rubbing your lips together. Overall, it is a very good balm, which looks good and feels luxurious, so well worth the money :)

Love 

Lace Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment